Internship & Scholarship Information
Welcome to WTRC! We are a well respected, comprehensive out-patient rehabilitation center whose primary purpose is to be the premier provider for adults and children.
Our services are provided to people regardless of their financial circumstance which means we do not turn patients away. WTRC welcomes and encourages students to fulfill their clinical rotations at either the San Angelo or the Abilene facility. We are unique and the student experience is vast because all disciplines are “under one roof.” You will have the unusual experience of following a patient’s care through the rehabilitative process. This means that a patient who is receiving PT may also need O & P and HME. All three areas will work together as a team and YOU can be apart of that team. Our clinicians are highly skilled with various specialized training, but their attitude towards students is that YOU are a partner and can also bring new skills and thinking to the mix. YOU are respected as another resource in providing care.
Our outpatient work environment is second to none for your clinical rotation.
Some of the benefits of WTRC are:
WTRC is affiliated with institutions of higher education throughout the nation providing clinical internships. Listed below are the schools we currently have registered in our program:
• Abilene Christian University
• Thomas Jefferson University
If your school is not registered with us and you are interested in an internship at WTRC, please contact Erin Hicks at 325.793.3521 or firstname.lastname@example.org (Abilene) or Teresa Lesley at 325.223.6300 or email@example.com (San Angelo) for more information.
West Texas Rehab Center offers a scholarship program for students who desire to work for WTRC upon graduation. This scholarship includes a monthly stipend that can be used on personal or school expenses and an early commitment bonus.
All students who are currently enrolled in a PT or OT school & are needing to do a clinical internship need to contact Erin Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 325-793-3521.
All students who are currently enrolled in or who have graduated from an undergrad program (but are not enrolled in a PT or OT school yet) & are wanting to observe/volunteer for PT or OT need to contact Brad Hicks at email@example.com.
All students who are needing an internship or volunteer/observation opportunity in our speech department need to contact Kirsten Herndon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don Richburg Memorial Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the Don Richburg Memorial College Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- Be enrolled in a high school for the current year.
- Be a current year graduating Senior.
- Must have participated in the West Texas Rehab Livestock Show Program by donating, buying, showing or working at one of the events.
- Have a minimum of at least an eighty (80) GPA for the first three and one-half (3.5) years of high school.
- Submit a copy of the student’s transcript for the first three and one-half (3.5) years of the student’s high school career.
- Submit a typed, fully completed application by April 1, 2014.
- Recipients must enroll in a college, university or technical school the fall semester following their graduation from high school.
- Scholarship monies will be distributed to the financial aid officer of the college, university or technical school of the recipient upon West Texas Rehab receiving verification of enrollment in the fall semester.
Recipient of the funds for the scholarship will be determined by the West Texas Rehab Selection Committee. All funds collected in any given year do not have to be awarded and may be placed in an account to draw interest for future scholarships.