Hearing & Balance Center
THE EAR: A MIRACLE ORGAN
The Audiology Department at West Texas Rehabilitation Center has long been recognized for its outstanding service to the hearing impaired in Abilene and the Big Country area. Our commitment to the patient suffering from dizziness and/or imbalance is also unparalleled. We continue to maintain the highest levels of education and certification in Audiology, which allows us to provide services that other facilities in our area cannot. But most important to all of our staff is our caring attitude toward each and every patient who comes to us.
Why should you choose West Texas Rehab's Hearing & Balance Center over the others?
- 60-day trial period
- Life time battery replacement
- Cost of repairs on current hearing aids will be deducted from your next hearing aid purchase
- Cochlear Implant Mapping
- Auditory Processing Disorder evaluations
- Infant Testing
- OAE - Otoacoustic Emissions
- Auditory Brainstem Response testing
- Custom Earbuds for MP3 players and cellphones
- Custom Hearing protection for Hunters and Musicians
- Custom Swim Ear Plugs
- Industrial Hearing Screenings
- Full diagnostic work up
Hearing Aids we offer:
Our dedicated audiology team focuses on:
Hearing Tests and Hearing Aids
- Diagnostic hearing evaluations — including middle ear
Hearing aid consultations, fitting and repair including digital signal processing and computer-programmable hearing aids.
- Related Diagnostic Tests and Procedures
Dizziness and Balance: Assessment and treatment of dizziness and balance disorders and treatment of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
Cochlear implant programming and troubleshooting for implants manufactured by Cochlear Americas
Auditory Processing Disorder (APD) evaluations
Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) testing
Otoacoustic Emissions testing
Cerumen (earwax) removal
- Assistive Listening Devices: for telephones, doorbells, TV’s, etc.
- Custom Hearing Protection: for workers, musicians, and sports enthusiasts
- Hearing Conservation Services for Industry: Noise surveys, on-site hearing tests, analysis of audiograms, worker’s compensation evaluations and consultation of OSHA and MSHA compliance.
3 payment plans
- Wells Fargo financing
- 5% discount if you pay in full
- 1/2 at delivery (the day you are fitted with your hearing aid) and the remaining 1/2 at the end of the 60 day trial period.
Our Audiologists have Doctoral degrees and are on site to provide the actual tests and screenings required to determine the hearing solution that is right for you. Their education alone requires eight years of training and 2,000-plus hours of clinical experience before they are allowed to see patients. This distinguishes our audiology staff from independent hearing aid vendors and suppliers, the business dealings of which are largely unregulated and without medical oversight or supervision.
Our audiology staff works on salary—not commission—so their only vested interest is in improving the quality of life of their patients through better hearing and balance. So, stop waiting for your hearing to improve on its own. Call Abilene (325) 793-3490 / San Angelo (325) 223-6360 or email us today!