What is Hospice Care?
Hospice is more of a philosophy of care than a place. Hospice focuses on caring, not curing and in most cases, care is provided wherever the patient considers home. Home can be a house, an apartment, a hospital, or a nursing home. It's wherever the patient considers "home." Our Hospice services are available to patients of any age, religion, race, or illness.
When should you choose Hospice Care?
If you or a loved one is facing a life-limiting illness or injury and would like your care to be focused on easing the physical, emotional, and spiritual pain, then it is time for Hospice. Hospice Care is a team oriented approach and is tailored to the patient's needs and wishes. When a cure is no longer possible, Hospice recognizes that our most important priority is to preserve and improve a person’s quality of life.
Why should you choose West Texas Rehab's Hospice of the Big Country program over the others?
When Hospice of the Big Country joined West Texas Rehabilitation Center in 2000, it was a perfect fit. The Rehab is known for providing the best outpatient therapy care to the Big Country residents for over 50 years. This union allowed West Texas Rehabilitation Center to continue its same care and compassion to patients confronting the end of their life.
- West Texas Rehab's Hospice of the Big Country has been serving the Big Country and the 11 surrounding counties since its inception in 1992. At that time, the hospice programs were only available to residents in Taylor County.
- We provide Hospice Care regardless of your ability to pay.
- Medicare covers hospice as well as some insurance companies, but WTRC's hospice turns no one away that qualifies for hospice services.
- Our Medical Director has always made house calls and does not limit his visits to Medicare requirements only.
- West Texas Rehab's Hospice of the Big Country is a member of the Texas New Mexico Hospice Organization and the National Hospice Palliative Care Organization.
- Butterfly memorial
- Candlelight memorial
- Life After Loss Grief Group (open to the community)
Hospice of the Big Country abides by NHPCO's standard of care, and are certified by both Medicare and Medicaid.
Contact us at (325) 793-5450 for questions or concerns.